You receive the error, "Local file not found" or other error indicating a file on the local computer could not be found.
This error is usually caused by an installer that is referencing a file that is to be copied to the target but does not exist. The output log may provide additional information.
Ensure all files needed by the installer are present on the local computer or on shares that can be read by the deploy or scan user.
If you need additional information (that is not provided in the output log) on what file is causing the issue, perform the following:
- Copy over the installation file(s) or directory to a target throwing the error.
- Login to the same target using the Deploy User credentials or Scan User credentials if you are using that option.
- Open an elevated command prompt and navigate to where you saved the file(s) or directory in step 1.
- In the command prompt, run the command from the Command Line section of the install step. For example:
- Check for errors, including in Event Viewer, and note any dialog boxes or other indicators of the referenced file. This should point you to the file that is causing the error.