There is a user related policy restriction which is preventing the user from connecting to the target computer.
There are a number of account policies which can prevent a user from connecting to a target computer over the network. For example, by default, user accounts with empty passwords cannot access network resources. Please verify no logon restrictions exist in Active Directory/Group Policy.
Verify connectivity to the target computer remotely through Windows explorer or the services MMC tools. Additional information about which policy is preventing the connection may be gleaned from the event log on the target computer.
Other possible logon/password issues are covered in the following:
- Background Service on the PDQ console machine: The Service Did Not Start Due To A Logon Failure.
- Service manager issues (targets): Service Manager Access Denied
- Remote administrative access: Can't Access ADMIN$ Share Using A Local User Account.
- General Information on how PDQ uses credentials (applies to both PDQ Deploy and PDQ Inventory): Under The Hood: How PDQ Deploy Installs Software To Remote Computers.
- Background Service Documentation