You receive an error code of 5100 when attempting to install .NET on a target machine.
Error 5100 is a general error from the Microsoft .NET installer that can have a number of meanings:
- .NET has already been installed and target computer needs to be rebooted.
- The user running setup does not have administrative privileges (all installs are ran with admin privileges from PDQ)
- A previous beta version is installed
- A later version of the .NET Framework is already installed
- The OS that setup is being run on is not supported
- The OS that setup is being run on does not have the minimum service pack installed