You would like to clean up PDQ Inventory so that it mirrors a fresh install without needing to uninstall/reinstall PDQ Inventory.
Some reasons you might want to do this:
- You have a lot of clutter (collections and reports) you no longer need or use.
- Your environment has changed considerably (new domain, additional domains, naming schema change) and need a clean console to capture the changes while discarding old data.
- You inherited the console from a coworker or previous employee and want to start over with a clean product.
For Pro and Enterprise, you will need your license key to perform the reset.
1. Open the program and navigate to File -> Preferences -> Background Service.
2. Stop the Background Service and close the program.
3. Go to %PROGRAMDATA%\Admin Arsenal\. Delete the PDQ Inventory directory.
IMPORTANT: The PDQ Service (that was stopped in the Step 2 above) cannot be running.
4. Once the PDQ Inventory directory is deleted, reopen the program. You will need to perform the configuration process again (adding credentials, license key, computers, etc.).