We are announcing the End of Life (EOL) of the optional PDQ Agent beta from our existing products. See this blog post for more information https://www.pdq.com/blog/pdq-agent-status-update/
The PDQ.com Team is pleased to announce the public release 17 of PDQ Deploy.
* Integration with the PDQ Inventory Agent.
-Unedited Auto Download packages from the Package Library can be deployed to PDQ Inventory targets with an External Agent.
-A restart of both background services for PDQ Deploy and PDQ Inventory may be required for proper integration.
-PDQ Inventory 16.5 or later is required
* New Scan step.
* Package Properties Conditions of a Nested Package are now honored.
* Deploy Once window now includes the ability to open a package from this window, and Copy Mode options.
* Added a column to identify the folder the package resides in.
* Client mode no longer needs to re-enter the license information when upgrading or renewing the license.
* Warnings about Caps Lock when entering a password.
* Additional performance improvements, particularly while browsing Active Directory containing a large number of objects and deployment reports.
* In the Select AD Target window, the main domain is now that of the console user and not the background service user.
* The Cancel Download button on the Package Library works again.
* The Approval button in the toolbar would occasionally be greyed out.
* Fixed approval time conflicts with Auto Download packages and Auto Download preferences.
* Fixed issue that resulted in the error, "Cannot find package definition for package link step".
* Deploy package steps are now showing up in the correct order.
* Deploying a Nested Package and starting from a later step now works as intended.
* Fixed an issue with skipped deployment steps when you have 2-layer deep nested packages mixed with 1-layer deep ones.
* When Server and Client were in different timezones, the elapsed time was counting backwards.
* Fixed an issue with heartbeat schedules using multiple PDQ Inventory Collections as targets that contained the same computers.
* Fixed the ability to deploy to an IP address as the target.
* Fixed an issue with deploying to targets containing special characters in the hostnames.
* Duplicating a folder was not always duplicating the first package in the folder.
* Fixed an issue with deployments appearing to be stuck in a queued state, but had actually failed in the target window.
* Fixed an issue with approving updates to the WinSCP package.
* Some valid MSI options were not available with MSU files. Also, fixed an issue with importing MSU files.
* When deploying to localhost using a schedule, the target history no longer shows both the localhost and the hostname.
* Using a variable in your Repository no longer causes issues with the Repository Cleanup.
* Selecting the Weekend or Weekend Days Schedule triggers in conjunction with a specific day of the week now works as intended.
* Removed the Deployment Status of '4' and fixed the copy speed displayed in the deployment status.
* Illegal characters in a filename or path of a package are now replaced with underscores instead of returning an error message.
* The Retry Queue occasionally initiated unnecessary deployments, but is now working as expected.