PDQ Deploy or PDQ Inventory report the error message "Database requires update to version ##.#.#.#" when attempting to run the database restore command.
- Stop the service pertaining to the application.
- net stop PDQDeploy
- net stop PDQInventory
- Browse to the directory partaining to the application.
- C:\ProgramData\Admin Arsenal\PDQ Deploy
- C:\ProgramData\Admin Arsenal\PDQ Inventory
- Rename the "database.db" and "log.db" to ".old".
- Start the service pertaining to the application.
- net start PDQDeploy
- net start PDQInventory
- Run the database restore command pertaining to the application.
- pdqdeploy restoredatabase
- pdqinventory restoredatabase
The services can become stuck with corrupt databases, causing the commands to fail, stopping the services, renaming the database files, and starting the services, will create new database files which should not interfere with command execution.