Automatic deploy to new servers faster?
Hey folks, new to PDQ, could use some help or direction.
I would like to automatically deploy our base software to newly built servers that come online in specific OU. So far the way I have it setup it can take up 35 minutes.... Was hoping I could do this a little faster? Here is what I have so far.
1. OU linked to AD Sync (set to scan every 1 day default scan)
2. Scan profile connected to my dynamic group (shortest scan time i can make it is 30 minutes)
3. Dynamic Group linked to new OU
1. Packaged linked to dynamic group
2. It runs every 5 minutes to only deploy 1 time if successful
I think where I am having a hiccup is the scan profiles. With the default profile I can tell it scan every 5 minutes. If i make a custom one its every 30 minutes? I did not want to use heartbeat because from testing i can reboot a machine faster than PDQ inventory can tell... Any harm in making the default scan time every 5 minutes? My AD sync is only setup to read.
It just seems like I can get the server into PDQ inventory within 5 minutes if i adjust the ad sync but I cant get the dynamic group to update faster.