I did a search but it didn't come up with anything. I'm trying to deploy the VC1 codec for Windows Media Player on XP boxes. After some searching, I came across a script that seemed to do the trick when run from a test PC, but doesn't seem to work when run from PDQ deploy. It says it's run successfully, but if I try to play a test VC1 file, WMP attemps to download the codec from Microsoft. If I run the script directly on the PC, it will install the codec and I can play the file.
Things I have tried:
- Deploying this using steps, where the install file is pointed to the batch script. This runs, then completes "successfully", but the codec isn't actually installed.
- Deploying this using Command, where the contents of the script are copied into the command box. Here again, it runs and completes "successfully", but the codec isn't actually installed.
I'm sure there's probably a switch or some other parameter than needs to be passed that I'm missing. I just don't know what.
I've attached the script as a text file for reference.
Please sign in to leave a comment.