I have been using the free version of PDQ Deploy and PDQ Inventory, and absolutely love them. So now it is time to upgrade to Pro or Enterprise!
I am starting at a new position soon, and plan to suggest we implement PDQ.
There are a lot of complicating factors and I wanted to run them by the experts to get your thoughts.
1. The company is currently small but growing rapidly, I am not 100% sure if they have a Domain Controller / AD yet. Will PDQ work if I plant a local admin account on every box? I have only ever used it with AD.
2. We plan to stand up a MDT server and based on the great guide I found in the forums, attempt to trigger a PDQ deployment via a MDT task. (http://support.adminarsenal.com/entries/55676594-Request-for-push) and Shane notes Auto Deployments are the way to go with this setup - is this available on Pro and Enterprise?
3. We have two sites that are currently not connected together via VPN etc. If we went the route of two different installs for each site - would this require four licenses for PDQ - two for each site for inventory and deploy (or maybe one if I put it on a laptop and carry it around..)
4. I am thinking if I involve a VMWare server for deploying images MDT, it would make sense to host the PDQ server on a VM as well possibly. Does PDQ work ok on a VM, and would this setup make any sense? I guess we would have to use the VMWare console to control PDQ?
5. Any other suggestions are greatly appreciated
Please sign in to leave a comment.