Date and Time Format Not Matching Server

Comments

10 comments

  • Eamonn O'Brien

    Would really appreciate your help with this guys it's getting critical. 

    1
    Comment actions Permalink
  • Luke Nichols

    Eamonn,

    I just tested this on our PDQ server running Server 2016. I changed the date format through settings, stopped the PDQ Deploy service, restarted the PDQ Inventory service, and then restarted the PDQ Deploy service. You probably just need to restart those services after a date format change before it re-reads the system's date settings.

    2
    Comment actions Permalink
  • Eamonn O'Brien

    Hi Luke,

    Thanks for the prompt response. I've actually tried this a number of times. The reports will visually show that the date format has changed when you pull them up on screen but once you execute a CSV report... it exports the reports both with the DateTime in the filename as US format and within the body of the reports themselves inside in the CSV files. 

    Computer Name Computer Manufacturer Computer Model Computer Current User Computer Current User First Name Computer Current User Last Name Computer AD Created Computer AD Last Logon
    WorkStation121452 Dell Inc. OptiPlex 3040 CNT1\CodePlex 3/29/2017 1:46:58 PM 11/14/2019 3:15:48 AM
    1
    Comment actions Permalink
  • Luke Nichols

    Eamonn,

    I tested pulling a CSV report and I did not get the same result as you. Here is a snippet of my reports before and after changing the time. As you can see, I have several date fields in the report and their formats changed:

    Can you try restarting the services in the same way that I described? Stop Deploy, restart Inventory, then start Deploy?

    2
    Comment actions Permalink
  • Eamonn O'Brien

    Ah, ok, so you have to restart both Deploy and Inventory? Thanks for coming back here Luke! 

    1
    Comment actions Permalink
  • Eamonn O'Brien

    Ok, I've restarted both. Same issue. Date and times are still in the US format. 

    1
    Comment actions Permalink
  • Luke Nichols

    Ok, weird. What version of PDQ are you running and what OS are you running on the PDQ server?

    Also, can you please post a screenshot of your time format settings?

    1
    Comment actions Permalink
  • Eamonn O'Brien

    Hi,


    So the server is running Windows Server 2012 R2 Standard 64-bit (6.3, Build 9600) (9600.winblue_ltsb.190831-0600) and it's PDQ Inventory Version 18.1.38.0. The strange thing is that data being shown on screen is in the correct EU format, it's only the CSV export that shows both the time and filename in the incorrect format. Requesting a timestamp at the cmd shows in the correct US format in MS-DOS. 

    This is really, really messing up a database that PDQ feeds into as it's already scrambled a good few date/time fields as they've accepted the data where the day value appearing in the month column was <13. 

    1
    Comment actions Permalink
  • Luke Nichols

    That is weird that it displays correctly in PDQ but then the export is mangled. Is this an auto report or are you running it manually? If it's an auto report it might need to be re-created, maybe it only reads the date info when it is first created.

    1
    Comment actions Permalink
  • Eamonn O'Brien
    Hi,
     
    The solution here is that while the local user account generates regular reports and information on screen, the background account triggers reports to be dumped onto the server on a scheduler. If the user account running the PDQ on screen is being run with EU timestamp, but the background PDQ account is being run with US timestamp, the reports will be triggered by the US timestamp.
     
    Changing the PDQ background account fixed the issue. 
     
    Oh boy the nights I've wasted on this!
     
    Eamonn
    2
    Comment actions Permalink

Please sign in to leave a comment.