I have been dealing with issues deploying to an OU that I have disabled Trend Officscan firewall and enabled the windows firewall. The windows firewall allows connections from the PDQ server and using the remote repair tool everything test fine with the deployment user. The PDQ deploy service is running as a admin on the PDQ server but this user is not an admin on the local machine. If I change the service account temporarily to a DA account then it works. This did work until I rebooted the PDQ server with the non DA service account and it also works on other OU's in my domain. The OU with the issue has Windows firewall enabled while the others don't.
I did read in another post where users had to enable and disable the firewall for this to work. This did work for me at one point but now it doesn't at all. In wireshark I can see the SMB binds but it looks like it breaks during the RPC binds when enumerating the services.
Please sign in to leave a comment.