I am trying to figure out why the scanning on my VPN connected computers is failing. When I say "Failing" I mean that none of the computer information updates. Affected computers still show the wrong version of an installed software package.
- Inventory version: 18.104.22.168
- Windows version: 10.0.18362.959
- I can verify that the scans will fail when the server can properly ping and connect to the ADMIN$ share from PDQ Inventory.
- Some, of my VPN connected computers will give the "Failed to connect to the service manager" message, and pass all to the Remote Repair tests.
- Other VPN connected computers show a list of Attempted Scan Dates, but no Successful Scan Dates.
- I can access the ADMIN$ share on all of my VPN connected computers.
- I can verify that both my account, and the PDQ deploy account have admin privileges on the affected computers.
- Scanning works fine on the affected computers when they are brought back into the office.
- Deployments work over the VPN. I only tend to see issues when large files (>20MB) are involved. When this happens, I usually need to copy files via a powershell script rather than depending on PDQ to push or pull the file.
Can anyone give me advice on other settings or items I can check into?
Please sign in to leave a comment.