You wish to identify machines that are missing a specific Microsoft Windows update patch, then deploy to just those machines.
Create a Dynamic Collection in PDQ Inventory to filter and identify computers missing a specific hot fix KB number into a collection. The collection can then be used as a deployment target.
1. Identify the hot fix KB number you need to deploy. These can be found in the Microsoft Update Catalog.
2. Open PDQ Inventory and Create a New Dynamic Collection.
3. Give the Collection an easily recognizable name so it can be identified from within PDQ Deploy later.
4. Add Group Filter(s) using the ‘Any’ rule for the applicable operating system(s). In this example, the KB is applicable to multiple versions of Windows 10, so those are contained within individual 'All' group filters. (Filtering resources may be found in the See Also section below)
5. Add a Group Filter using the ‘Not Any’ rule for the Microsoft KB update number.
The example below will only include computers with the operating system of Windows 10 versions 2004, 20H2, and 21H1, but will exclude computers that already have the hot fix KB5006365.
6. Save the Dynamic Collection.
7. Scan your computer Inventory with a Scan Profile that contains a Hot Fixes scanner.
8. Open PDQ Deploy, select the specific package to deploy. (For packages not listed in our Package Library, see this article on how to create one.)
9. Click Deploy Once or create a Schedule. When choosing the targets, select the Inventory Collection that you just created.