You want to resolve the error 17031 - MSI Missing Prerequisite.
The simplest way to determine which prerequisite is missing is to run the installer with logging enabled on a computer where the installation is failing. You will need to dig through the log but it should contain more detailed information on which prerequisite is missing. You can add the /L or /log switch to your install package in the "parameters" field of the install step.
When debugging an installation package you can use multiple logging parameters in order to create a log. This log will contain different information for each parameter you use:
- /L - enable logging
- i - include status messages
- w - include non-fatal warnings
- e - include all error messages
- a - mention when an action is started
- r - include action-specific records
- u - include user requests
- c - include the initial UI parameters
- m - include out-of-memory or fatal exit information
- o - include out-of-disk-space messages
- p - include terminal properties
- v - verbose output
- x - include extra debugging information
- + - append to an existing log file
- ! - flush each line to the log
- * - log all information, except for v and x options
- /log - the equivalent of /l*
Sample command line:
msiexec.exe /i "C:\Example.msi" /L*V "C:\package.log"