You receive any of the following errors:
- Invalid service account.
- The account used to start the service on the target computer is not valid, doesn't exist, or the wrong password was supplied.
- The account name is invalid or does not exist, or the password is invalid for the account name specified.
- Check that the user account information for the background service (PDQDeploy and PDQInventory services, respectively) is correct.
- If using domain credentials for the background service, ensure you have access to a domain controller in which to authenticate the service credentials. In certain instances, intermittent network issues will result in the error: "The account name is invalid or does not exist, or the password is invalid for the account name specified".
- Verify the netlogon service is running on the target machine. Restarting the netlogon service may also fix the problem.
NOTE: Though very rare, this behavior can also occur if the PDQ console NIC is connected to a different network type as determined by Microsoft’s Network Location Awareness (NLA). This can result in a different firewall profile being used that blocks traffic required for domain access. Please check to ensure the PDQ console NIC is of the domain network type and not private or public.