The provided user name either does not exist or is not valid for the target system.
The most common cause is using a local administrator user account name that doesn't exist on the target computer. Can also be caused by a typo or special character in the name.
Ensure that the user name is correct and try again.
Other possible logon/password issues are covered in the following:
- Background Service on the PDQ console machine: The Service Did Not Start Due To A Logon Failure.
- Service manager issues (targets): Service Manager Access Denied
- Remote administrative access: Can't Access ADMIN$ Share Using A Local User Account.
- General Information on how PDQ uses credentials (applies to both PDQ Deploy and PDQ Inventory): Under The Hood: How PDQ Deploy Installs Software To Remote Computers.
- Background Service Documentation