You receive an error indicating your database is corrupt.
The database can be corrupted by several reasons. Sudden loss of power, abrupt shutdowns, bad storage drivers, disk failure, malware or virus infection, using database in compressed folders and other less common reasons.
If you're running version(s) 18.104.22.168 or later, you can attempt to repair the database(s) by using the following CLI command(s) in an elevated command or PowerShell prompt:
To repair PDQ Deploy's database:
To repair PDQ Inventory's database:
Still seeing errors?
- Stop PDQ Deploy or PDQ Inventory service.
- Delete the registry key below corresponding to the application.
- HKLM\SOFTWARE\Admin Arsenal\PDQ Deploy\Settings\Database
- HKLM\SOFTWARE\Admin Arsenal\PDQ Inventory\Settings\Database
- Start PDQ Deploy or PDQ Inventory service.