PDQ Deploy or PDQ Inventory sees the target computer unreachable or offline due to "The network path was not found" when attempting to access the IPC$ or ADMIN$ on the target computer.
- File and printer sharing for Microsoft Networks are disabled in NIC properties.
- File and printer sharing is disabled in the Control Panel.
- AntiVirus\Security software blocking access to shares.
- Network configuration blocking access to shares.
- File sharing services not running.
- Stale DNS records.
- Reboot the target computer.
- Check IP Address on the target computer is listed in its DNS record and returned by NSLookup.
- Verify no stale DNS records for the target computer on DNS Server and PDQ Server DNS cache.
- Verify that the ADMIN$ is accessible from the target computer itself via Windows Explorer.
- From the PDQ Server browse the ADMIN$ of target computer via Windows Explorer using FDQN\IP.
- Temporarily disable or uninstall AntiVirus\Security software.
- Temporarily disable Windows Firewall.
- Disable and re-enable File and printer sharing in Control Panel.
- Disable and re-enable File and printer sharing for Microsoft Networks in NIC properties.
- Check differences in running services between working and non-working target computers.
PDQ Deploy and PDQ Inventory will always use FDQN when connecting to target machines.