PDQ Deploy or PDQ Inventory reports "The network path was not found" when deploying or scanning to computers.
This is a native Windows\SMB error that means an SMB connection to the computer failed.
Some of the possible causes are:
- File and printer sharing for Microsoft Networks are disabled in the network adapter properties.
- SMB protocol is being blocked at the computer or network level by a firewall.
- Antivirus or other Security software interfering with SMB connections to the network share.
- Misconfigured DNS environment with stale records and invalid IP Addresses.
- Microsoft TCP/IP host name resolution failed.
- The network share is no longer being shared.
Article - Firewall Ports and External Exceptions
Article - Recommended Antivirus/Antimalware Exclusions for PDQ Products